March 29, 2021
I was just thinking of this episode the other day, and realized... this was a GREAT one.
So I wanted to make sure we hit a replay of it! In case you missed, here we go!
Family doctor and expert, Dr. William Sears, is the co-author of the book : The Healthy Brain Book.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, one in five U.S. adults will experience mental illness in their lifetime, and most end up paying more for treatment than they would for physical health conditions. While this is an alarming truth, family Doctor William Sears and neurologist Vincent F. Fortanasce - have positive news: it’s possible to treat and even prevent the onset of mental illness with the right medication or even WITHOUT medication at all, ultimately leading to a better quality of life.
In their groundbreaking new book, The Healthy Brain Book, Sears and Fortanasce team up to bring readers an all-ages guide to having a calmer, happier, sharper brain, whether experiencing “normal” mental and emotional burnout or wrestling with diagnosed illness. In the Healthy Brain Book, the authors explain that while the brain is a complex organ, the diverse set of mental and emotional challenges we have stem from one cause: imbalance in the brain.
The Healthy Brain Book will help those struggling to thrive and get their brain back in balance by teaching readers the following:
What we think can change how well we think
The role of inflammation in the brain, and how food and activity can reverse it
What drugs can enhance or suppress the brain’s ability to heal itself
Actionable advice to improve your memory, promote learning, and prevent common brain ailments
How to personalize the book’s tools for your unique brain
Buy The Healthy Brain Book: https://amzn.to/2VEJ32b
What you will learn:
- [3:45] What keeps an author motivated to write more than 40 books?
- [5:16] Dr. Sears explains how they wrote The Healthy Brain book in a relatable manner.
- [9:08] How to ‘freeload’ your brain and body when you’re younger so as not to lose your mind by age 80.
- [12:04] The five food categories to eat to maintain a healthy brain and what to eat if you don’t like a certain category.
- [23:07] Inflammation explained.
- [26:08] The detoxifying process that happens when you’re sleeping and why it doesn’t happen when you eat bad food.
- [31:04] The five steps brain health plan for a 66-year-old woman to reduce the risk of getting dementia.
- [33:35] What is epigenetic in a nutshell?
- [34:43] Dr. Sears explains how stress affects our brain health.
- [42:59] The importance of having a positive and grateful mantra before starting your day.
Thank you for listening to The Same 24 Hours Podcast with Meredith Atwood.
Please subscribe, rate and review the podcast if you loved it - really helps others to find the show!
Request to Join the FREE Meredith Atwood Community & Coaching
Buy Meredith’s Books:
The Year of No Nonsense
Triathlon for the Every Woman:
Follow Meredith Atwood & The Podcast on Social:
Want to Connect?
Host & Production: Meredith Atwood
Copyright 2017-2020, 2021 All Rights Reserved, Meredith Atwood, LLC